Organisational Change Management Courses
What is Change Management?
Dealing with change and more importantly, the impact of change is a high priority for all organisations. It is said that change is the only constant in business, and perfecting the art of change management can be a challenge in any organisation. Being able to develop and implement effective change initiatives is paramount to ensuring ongoing business success.
What is Change Management certification?
The Change Management Certification has been developed by APMG in partnership with the Change Management Institute (CMI), an independent, global professional association of change managers. Together they have developed a professional ‘body of knowledge’ for the discipline of change management. This body of knowledge now provides an independent benchmark for the professional knowledge expected of an effective change manager.
The Change Management certification is fully aligned with the change management body of knowledge. The syllabus samples a wide range of knowledge regarding the theory and practice of change management including:
- change and the individual;
- change and the organization;
- communication and stakeholder engagement and;
- change practice.
Our Change Management Courses
The purpose of our courses is to provide a robust foundation of knowledge for anyone involved in organisational change inititives. Successful candidates will have the knowledge and understanding necessary to contribute constructively to teams specifying, developing, implementing and sustaining organisational change initiatives.
Benefits for individuals
- Understand the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process;
- Understand the various types of change that affect organizations, and know how to draw on a range of professional approaches to support the effective delivery of the organization’s desired outcomes from each change initiative;
- Know how to identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and how to plan, execute and measure the effective communications required to build and maintain their engagement;
- Know how to assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change;
- Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new ‘business as usual’.
Benefits for organisations
- Build the organization’s capability and capacity to deal successfully with change, improving agility;
- Increase the probability of successful business change/transformation – supporting strategic direction;
- Minimize risks (costs, delays, loss of employee engagement, reputation) associated with failed initiatives;
- Align change initiatives with established, process-driven methods (like PRINCE2® and MSP®) to develop a unified approach to change;
- Develop and sustain employee commitment and alignment with organizational purpose during times of change;
- Build and maintain the engagement of internal and external stakeholders with new initiatives;
- Manage more effective change communications with internal and external constituencies so that change is understood and supported;
- Improve assessment of change impact, integrated change planning and successful embedding of change into the life of the organization.
Who should attend
Our courses are designed for those leading, managing and supporting organisational change initiatives including:
- Senior Managers: Executives, Directors;
- Programme, Project and Business Managers;
- Change Leaders and Managers;
- Business Change Managers and Change Agents;
- Business Analysts;
- Development and Planning Managers;
- HR and Organizational Development Practitioners;
- Consultants and Facilitators;
- Individuals aspiring to become Change Managers;
- Those seeking certification in organisational change management.
A complete range of certification courses ...
... with a wide range of additional options
We have developed a wide range of associated short courses, workshops and executive briefings, including:
- An executive briefing on the features and benefits of Change Management, and adoption issues;
- An awareness briefing for programme and project management professionals who do not require certification;
- A short course for portfolio programme and project office staff and CoE members;
- A workshop on integrating Change Management guidance into existing project and programme management methods.
These courses are delivered in-house for groups. Please contact us for more information.
The APMG-International Change Management and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Ltd.