Change Management Foundation
(course code CHGF3)
The 3-day Foundation course provides essential information and tools to understand change, guidance on overcoming employee resistance, learning to motivate employees to embrace change and sustaining change to keep the organisation moving in the right direction.
The Foundation Course immerses the participant in the concepts, terms, principles, models, approaches and roles relating to the change management practice. The course is presented as a blend of Change Management theory and practical examples. You'll learn about the dynamics of change at the individual, team and organisational level. You'll also learn practical Change Management skills for facilitating change, and be able to plan for change and potential problems.
Delegates will be fully prepared for the Foundation exam.
Who Should Attend
Our courses are designed for those leading, managing and supporting organisational change initiatives, including:
- Senior Managers: Executives, Directors;
- Programme, Project and Business Managers;
- Change Leaders and Managers;
- Business Change Managers and Change Agents;
- Business Analysts;
- Development and Planning Managers;
- HR and Organisational Development Practitioners;
- Consultants and Facilitators;
- Individuals aspiring to become Change Managers;
- Those seeking certification in organisational change management.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however some exposure to organisational change initiatives would be useful.
During the Foundation Course delegates will learn how to:
- Identify key drivers of an organisation’s culture and recognize different types of change processes;
- Recognise the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process;
- Explain how individuals are impacted by change, different ways they may respond to change situations and how learning processes help them adapt;
- Offer insights on how organisations work, how the process of organisational change occurs and the typical roles that collaborate to deliver successful change;
- Outline important aspects of how to build and equip a change team to improve effectiveness.
The Foundation Exam is a 40 minute closed book multiple choice exam. You must get at least 25 of the 50 questions correct to pass.
We conduct these exams on behalf of the relevant Examination Institute, subject to their terms and conditions.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
- For AIPM CPD points, check here;
- For PMI PDUs, check here (see page 11).
- For CMI credits, check here
- For ACMP credits, check here.
We recommend that those who have completed the Foundation course should move on to the Change Management Practitioner course as soon as possible, while their knowledge of Change Management remains fresh.
The most economical way to take both Foundation and Practitioner courses is our Change Management Combined Foundation and Practitioner course.
The APMG-International Change Management and Swirl Device logo is a trade mark of The APM Group Limited.