Agile Project Management Courses
Why Agile Project Management?
The rationale for existing 'waterfall' approaches to project management is clearly flawed in domains where the client can't tell you what they want until after they see it, and where delivery of a workable solution on time and budget is more important than delivering a perfect solution. Agile project management supports the concepts of iteration and incremental development that are necessary for agility.
Agile Project Management delivers a more flexible and adaptive approach to projects. It is a new approach for business projects which strive for high speed innovation. Agile projects focus on the delivery of the products and cut to a minimum the bureaucracy traditionally associated with some project management methods. The real life experiences and comparative case studies have demonstrated that agile approaches deliver greater value at reduced cost.
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, our courses provide the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment expected in an agile environment.
Our courses will:
- Explain how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects;
- Explain how an agile project is managed;
- Clarify the different management styles needed for successful agile projects (compared to "traditional" projects);
- Provide integration with PRINCE2 ®.
The following diagram shows the interacting processes in an agile project's lifecycle:
AgilePM Course Roadmap
Inspiring Projects is an APMG Accredited Training Organisation – so you can be confident that the courses we deliver conform to the highest standards of AgilePM training. All of our AgilePM courses are based on the latest version of the syllabus.
The following diagram shows our AgilePM courses in relation to the goals supported by each course.
A complete range of certification courses ...
... with a wide range of additional options
We have developed a wide range of associated short courses, workshops and executive briefings, including:
- An executive briefing on the features and benefits of Agile Project Management, and adoption issues;
- An awareness briefing for project management professionals who do not require certification;
- A short course for portfolio programme and project office staff and CoE members;
- A workshop on how to facilitate a workshop;
- A workshop on requirements prioritisation;
- A workshop on setting up the increment and timebox structure of an agile project.
These courses are delivered in-house for groups. Please contact us for more information.
AgilePM® is a registered trade mark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd.
The APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Ltd.