AgilePM ® Combined Foundation and Practitioner
(course code APJC4)
This course covers the newly launched certification by APMG and the DSDM Consortium that has been created to provide an agile approach to project management.
The course is equally divided between the theory of the new wave of agile project management and the practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved.
The AgilePM Combined course blends our Foundation course and Practitioner seminar. Each participant is first provided with a solid Foundation in AgilePM concepts, and is then advanced to a Practitioner understanding of how to apply AgilePM guidance in practice.
The Foundation Course will enable delegates to understand:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile;
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations;
- The products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these;
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations;
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
The Practitioner Seminar will enable delegates to demonstrate their ability to:
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile DSDM Atern in a project situation;
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario;
- Produce and evaluate the content of Agile products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario;
- Apply the following Agile techniques in a project situation: Facilitated Workshops; MoSCoW prioritisation; Iterative Development; Modelling; Timeboxing;
- Identify the Agile techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario;
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario;
- Understand the mechanisms for control of an Agile Project which are specific to an Agile project;
- Understand in outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project;
- Describe the agile approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile project from a given scenario.
Delegates will be fully prepared for the Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Who Should Attend
The course is aimed at Project Managers who are either adding to their knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2 or who are operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however some exposure to project management would be useful. Candidates for the Practitioner exam must have previously passed the Foundation exam.
The Foundation Course covers:
- The Philosophy and Principles of Agile Project Management;
- The Lifecycle and Products;
- Team structures;
- Roles and Responsibilities;
- MoSCoW and Timeboxing;
- Lifecycle Configuration;
- Estimation and Measurement;
- Quality and Maintainability;
- Planning, Control and Risk;
- Preparation for the Foundation Examination.
The Practitioner Seminar helps you to integrate the concepts presented in the Foundation course. Delegates will work through a range of exercises and case studies in order to broaden & deepen their understanding of Agile Project Management and to prepare for the exam.
The Foundation Exam is a 60 minute closed book multiple choice exam. You must get at least 30 of the 60 questions correct to pass. You must score 30 (50%) or more marks to pass the exam.
The Practitioner Exam is a 2 hour objective testing open book (Agile Project Management handbook only) exam. There will be 4 questions and 60 question items, each worth 1 mark for a total of 60 marks. You must get at least 30 of the 60 question items correct to pass. The questions will be presented in the following styles:
- Classical multiple choice
- Multiple response
Candidates for the Practitioner Exam must have passed the Foundation Exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves "Registered Agile Project Management Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Registered Agile Project Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 years of their original certification. We will offer an AgilePM Reregistration seminar in due course.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
AgilePM® is a registered trade mark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd.
The APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Ltd.