AgilePM ® Foundation
(course code APJF3)
This course covers the certification developed by APMG and the Agile Business Consortium to provide an agile approach to project management.
The course is equally divided between the theory of the new wave of agile project management and the practical experience of the techniques and disciplines involved.
This course provides each participant with a solid Foundation in AgilePM concepts.
The Foundation Course will enable delegates to understand:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile;
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations;
- The products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these;
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations;
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
Delegates will be fully prepared for the Foundation exam.
Who Should Attend
The course is aimed at Project Managers who are either adding to their knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2 or who are operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however some exposure to project management would be useful.
The Foundation Course covers:
- The Philosophy and Principles of Agile Project Management;
- The Lifecycle and Products;
- Team structures;
- Roles and Responsibilities;
- MoSCoW and Timeboxing;
- Lifecycle Configuration;
- Estimation and Measurement;
- Quality and Maintainability;
- Planning, Control and Risk;
- Preparation for the Foundation Examination.
The Foundation Exam is a 60 minute closed book multiple choice exam. You must get at least 30 of the 60 questions correct to pass. You must score 30 (50%) or more marks to pass the exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of the relevant Examination Institute, subject to their terms and conditions.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
PRINCE2® and MSP® are registered trade marks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved
AgilePM® is a registered trade mark of Agile Business Consortium. All rights reserved.
The APMG-International Agile Project Management and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Ltd.