M_o_R ® version 4 Risk Management Courses
What is M_o_R 4?
M_o_R is an acronym of Management of Risk. It provides a generic framework for the management of risk across all activities of an organisation, focussed not only on the protection of value exposed to threats but also the creation of value arising from opportunities.
These course are based on the fourth edition of M_o_R, call M_o_R 4. M_o_R 4 is aligned with ISO31000, but provides additional detailed guidance on how to embed risk management in an organisation, and integrate the application of risk management across multiple organisational perspectives.
M_o_R 4 incorporates all the activities required to identify and control exposure to any type of risk, with either positive or negative impact on the achievement of your business objectives, in normal business operations as well as in portfolios, programmes and projects. Uniquely, M_o_R also provides guidance on risk management in both function- and product-oriented organisations.
The M_o_R 4 framework is based on four core elements:
- an underlying set of principles that guide organisations as they design their internal controls;
- an integrated set of risk perspectives, with guidance on the objectives at risk in each perspective, and associated roles, practices and controls;
- consideration of the impact of people and culture on risk management, including working with foresight, understanding individual perceptions of risk and making judgements under uncertainty; and
- a continuous, repeating cycle of processes to identify and assess risk, and plan, implement and monitor responses to these risks.
These elements need to be embedded into organisational DNA, and reviewed periodically, to ensure that the approach and processes are consistently applied across the organisation, and continually improved.
The following diagram shows interactions between the various risk perspectives in an organisation:
Accredited risk management training
Inspiring Projects is an Accredited Training Organisation – so you can be confident that the courses we deliver conform to the highest standards of M_o_R training. Our M_o_R 4 course is based on the latest version of the syllabus, and incorporates significant additional value-adding material.
Our certification course ...
Unlike most of our other certification courses, M_o_R 4 certification is offered at Practitioner level only; there is no preliminary Foundation certification.
... with a wide range of additional options
We have developed a wide range of associated short courses, workshops and executive briefings, including:
- An executive briefing on the features and benefits of M_o_R, and adoption issues;
- An awareness briefing for risk management professionals who do not require certification;
- A short course for PMO (portfolio, programme and project office) and centre of excellence staff;
These short courses are delivered in-house for groups. Please contact us for more information.
M_o_R® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.