Praxis Framework TM Foundation Course
(course code PRXF3)
This course provides participants with a solid Foundation in Praxis Framework concepts, applicable in both project and programme environments.
By the end of the 3 day Foundation Course delegates should understand the key elements of the Praxis Framework:
- The project, programme and portfolio environment;
- Project and programme management functions;
- Roles, processes and documentation used to manage project and programme lifecycle phases;
- Provide careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at current and aspiring project and programme managers. It is also relevant to other people involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, programmes and portfolios, including Sponsors, Project and Programme Board members, Business Change Managers, Team Managers, Project and Programme assurance, administrative support and operational line managers.
There are no prerequisites for the course.
The Foundation Course covers:
- The context of portfolio, programme and project (P3) management;
- The core elements of Praxis - knowledge, method, competency, capability;
- Integrative functions - planning, control, assurance, business case, information, organisation and stakeholders;
- Delivery functions - scope, schedule, risk, finance, resources and change;
- P3 management processes;
- Interpersonal skills.
The course includes hands on activities, discussions, role plays and quizzes in every session to ensure you have absorbed Praxis Framework concepts.
Delegates are also provided with detailed guidance on how to prepare for the certification exam, with lots of practice.
The Foundation Exam is a 1 hour closed book exam. There are 75 multiple choice questions. The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
We conduct this exam on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
We recommend that those who have completed the Foundation course should move on to the Praxis Framework Practitioner course as soon as possible, to ensure their knowledge of the Praxis Framework remains fresh.
The APMG International Praxis Framework and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited and Praxis Framework Ltd, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.