P3O ® Foundation
(course code P3OF3)
A Project, Programme and Portfolio Office (P3O) model provides a decision enabling/delivery support structure for all change within an organisation. A P3O Model could consist of a single permanent office or be implemented as a linked set of permanent or temporary offices.
This is an examination based course which leads to P3O certification at Foundation Level. The course equips delegates with a detailed knowledge of the P3O framework including guidance on models, roles, tools and techniques, establishment of a new P3O model or rejuvenation of existing P3Os.
The Foundation Course will:
- Articulate an overview of different ways a P3O model can add value;
- Recall and understand key reasons and benefits required to get senior management approval for a particular P3O model;
- Identify the different P3O models and the need to adapt to the organisation's needs, taking account of the organisation's size and Portfolio Programme and Project Management Maturity;
- Identify the key elements of a plan to either implement or re-energise a P3O;
- Recall the different purposes of a range of tools and techniques required in the P3O;
- Confidently attempt the Foundation Exam.
Who Should Attend
This event is suitable for any individual with an interest in managing or working in a component of a P3O model;
Support staff who are looking for a formal qualification.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however some exposure to portfolio, programme or project offices would be useful.
The Foundation Course covers:
- P3O Overview & Principles;
- P3O Models and Tailoring;
- Implementation of a P3O model;
- Tools and Techniques;
- Roles & Responsibilities.
The Foundation Exam is designed to test basic knowledge of P3O concepts. It is a 40 minute closed book exam with 50 questions in classical multiple choice format. The participant must score 60% or more of the available marks to pass the exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves "Registered P3O Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Registered P3O Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 years of their original certification. We offer a P3O Reregistration seminar.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
P3O® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.