MSP ® Combined Package
(course code MSPC5)
The Combined course blends our Foundation course and Practitioner seminar. Each participant is first provided with a solid Foundation in MSP concepts, and is then advanced to a Practitioner understanding of how to apply MSP in realistic project scenarios and adapt MSP to different programme environments.
By the end of the Foundation Course delegates will:
- Understand MSP's integrated elements and their relationships, building on delegates' own experience and knowledge of large-scale change;
- Understand the benefits thread through MSP that ensures that the entire programme is predicated and focussed on realisation of benefits;
- Understand how MSP could be applied in real life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment;
- Have received careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
By the end of the Practitioner Seminar delegates will be:
- Able to describe and apply all facets of programme management, in accordance with the MSP method;
- Know how to set up and manage complex programmes, tailoring MSP while ensuring effective integration of projects;
- Monitor the objectives of a programme and make the essential adjustments needed to respond to changes in the environment;
- Have received careful and detailed preparation for the Practitioner Exam.
Who Should Attend
People who must identify, define, govern, manage or act in a programme management framework, including senior executive sponsors, programme managers, programme office staff, business architects, change managers, and operational managers responsible for transition and benefits realisation.
There are no prerequisites for the course.
The Foundation Course covers MSP's:
- Principles, or good practices underpinning every programme;
- Governance Themes, or guidance on critical aspects of programme management, including:
- Programme Organisation;
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement;
- Benefits Engagement;
- Business Case;
- Risk and Issue Management;
- Planning and Control;
- Blueprint Design and Delivery;
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow, MSP's programme lifecycle, which includes:
- Identifying a Programme;
- Defining a Programme;
- Managing the Tranches;
- Delivering Capability;
- Realising the Benefits;
- Closing a Programme
- Programme Office roles and services;
- Programme documentation and information flow;
- Guidance on adoption of MSP;
- Guidance on how to use the tranche and workstream concepts to structure more complex programmes;
- Hands on activities, discussions, role plays, quizzes and mind maps in every session to ensure you have absorbed MSP;
- Guidance on how to prepare for the Foundation Exam, with lots of practice
The Practitioner Seminar is a scenario based training course focusing on the application of MSP under different programme environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all MSP elements are included throughout the training.
Exclusive to Inspiring Projects, we have developed a full set of Practitioner-style exam questions based on a realistic scenario, to provide even more opportunity to apply and learn MSP.
The Foundation Exam is a 1 hour closed book exam. There are 75 multiple choice questions. The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
The Practitioner Exam is a 2½ hour, open manual, scenario based multiple choice exam. The candidate must provide responses to questions presented in the following styles:
- Classical multiple choice
- Multiple response
There are 80 question lines worth 1 mark each, so the maximum score for the exam is 80 marks. The candidate must score 40 (50%) or more marks to pass the exam. Candidates for the Practitioner Exam must have passed the Foundation Exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of the relevant Examination Institute, subject to their terms and conditions.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves "Registered MSP Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Registered MSP Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 years of their original certification. We offer an MSP Reregistration seminar.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.