MoV ® Practitioner
(course code MOVP1)
The MoV Practitioner Seminar advances participants to a Practitioner understanding of how to apply MoV guidance in practice.
The Practitioner Seminar will enable delegates to demonstrate their ability to:
- Organise and contribute constructively to a Value Study;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of MoV principles, processes, approach and environment;
- Analyse a company, programme or project to establish its organisational value, including identification and weighting of Value Drivers;
- Be well prepared for the Practitioner Examination.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for individuals involved in driving more value from business as usual, or projects, portfolios and programmes.
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation course. Candidates for the Practitioner exam must have previously passed the Foundation exam.
The following topics will be covered in the Practitioner Seminar:
- Application of MoV studies in a portfolio, programme and project environment;
- Application of MoV studies in a Business as Usual environment;
- Embedding a culture of MoV in the Examination;
- Processes and Techniques to be applied when using MoV;
- Preparation for the Practitioner Examination.
The Practitioner Seminar is scenario based, and focuses on the application of MoV under different programme environments and scenarios. Review and revision sessions of all MoV elements are included throughout the training.
Delegates will work through a range of exercises and case studies in order to broaden and deepen their understanding of value management and to prepare for the exam.
The Practitioner Exam is a 2 ½ hour open book book exam; only the MoV Manual may be used.
The candidate must provide responses to questions presented in the following styles:
- Classical multiple choice
- Multiple response
There are 80 question lines worth 1 mark each, so the maximum score for the exam is 80 marks. The candidate must score 40 (50%) or more marks to pass the exam. Candidates for the Practitioner Exam must have passed the Foundation Exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of APMG. APMG's terms and conditions are outlined here.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are entitled to style themselves "Registered MoV Practitioner" on CVs and business cards.
Registered MoV Practitioners are required to be re-registered within 3-5 years of their original certification. We offer an MoV Reregistration seminar.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
MoV® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.