MoV ® Foundation
(course code MOVF2)
The MoV CFoundation course provides each participant with a solid Foundation in MoV concepts.
By the end of the Foundation Course delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of MoV principles, approach and environment;
- Explain the processes and techniques of value engineering and value analysis;
- Organise and contribute constructively to a Value Study;
- Assist an MoV Professional to analyse a company, programme or project to identify and weight Value Drivers, and assess organisational value;
- Provide careful and detailed preparation for the Foundation Exam.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for individuals involved in driving more value from business as usual, or projects, portfolios and programmes.
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation course. Candidates for the Practitioner exam must have previously passed the Foundation exam.
The following topics will be covered in the Foundation Course:
- Introduction: what is MoV and why it is needed;
- Value management and its place in organisational Best Practice;
- Principles underpinning value management;
- Processes and Techniques to be applied when using MoV;
- Approach to implementing MoV;
- Environmental factors influencing and impacting value;
- Application of MoV studies in a portfolio, programme and project environment;
- Application of MoV studies in a Business as Usual environment;
- Embedding a value culture in the organisation;
- Preparation for the Foundation Examination.
The Foundation Exam is a 40 minute closed book exam. There are 50 multiple choice questions. The candidate must correctly answer 50% or more of the questions to pass the exam.
We conduct these exams on behalf of the relevant Examination Institute, subject to their terms and conditions.
Please note: Exam candidates must bring signed photo ID (passport, driving licence, etc.) as they will be asked to produce it by the invigilator prior to the exam.
Delivery Options and Fees
We offer a range of delivery styles and packages for this course. Please go to the Packages and Inclusions page to review the inclusions provided with each package.
Successful completion of this course may entitle you to credits in various professional development programmes:
MoV® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.