MoP ® Portfolio Management Courses
What is MoP?
Programmes and projects have been the focus of organisations’ efforts to manage change for many years. More recently, portfolio management has come to the fore as organizations have become increasingly aware that delivery is only half the battle. Just as important is whether or not the change initiatives are the ‘right’ ones and whether the potential return on investment is achieved.
Portfolios represent the totality of an organisation’s investment (or segment thereof) on changes required to achieve its strategic objectives. Portfolio management is a coordinated collection of strategic processes and decisions that together enable a more effective balance of organizational change and business as usual.
MoP is an acronym of Management of Portfolios. MoP training will help you and your organisation make decisions about implementing the right changes to business as usual. MoP provides a 'bird's eye view' of all change activities, both those in planning and those in delivery. This includes a clear line of sight about what is in the portfolio, what it is costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made and the impact on your organisations business as usual.
Portfolio Management is concerned with:
- ensuring the programmes and projects undertaken are the right ones in the context of the organisation’s strategic objectives;
- successful delivery at a collective level;
- that benefits realization is maximised; and
- that lessons learned are identified, disseminated and applied in the future.
The following diagram shows the interacting portfolio definition and delivery cycles, and associated process, according to MoP:
MoP Course Roadmap
Inspiring Projects is an Accredited Training Organisation – so you can be confident that the courses we deliver conform to the highest standards of MoP training. All of our MoP courses are based on the latest version of the syllabus.
The following diagram shows our MoP courses in relation to the goals supported by each course.
A complete range of certification courses ...
... with a wide range of additional options
We have developed a wide range of associated short courses, workshops and executive briefings, including:
- An executive briefing on the features and benefits of MoP, and adoption issues;
- An executive briefing on MoP's approach to portfolio governance, and its integration into corporate governance;
- An awareness briefing for project management professionals who do not require certification;
- A short course for portfolio office and CoE members;
- A workshop on the use of Managing Benefits guidance within an MoP environment.
These courses are delivered in-house for groups. Please contact us for more information.
MoP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.